Thanks to Hollywood, most people have inaccurate ideas about hypnosis. To be clear, hypnosis is not:
- a sleep-like state where you don't know what's happening
- giving up control to someone else
- an ability you either have or don't
- a magical cure for ________ (fill in the blank)
In Fort Worth, we like what's practical and useful. Hypnosis is:
- a focused state of mind where you are in charge
- increased control over your own mind or body
- a skill you grow through practice
- a natural way to treat problems like stress, insomnia, and pain
- well researched and scientifically validated
I believe almost all hypnosis is self-hypnosis: I serve as a guide, leading you into a unique kind of mental focus using the tools of hypnosis - and your hypnosis is unique to you. It's very pleasant and relaxing. Then together we focus on increasing your control and influence over what's been concerning you. We do this through suggestions I offer to unlock the change you want (of course, they're only suggestions and not commands because you are free to do whatever you like!). When we're finished, you go forth and conquer, feeling relaxed, strong, and confident!
Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss how hypnosis could help you achieve your goals.
Wayne Martin, LCSW
(817) 456-3489 1751 River Run, suite 200, Fort Worth, TX 76107